Extraversion and Introversion are the two ends of a scale of preference for how you renew your energy.
Extraversion does not equal talkative, and Introversion does not equal shy!
Energizing preferences (E vs I)
E: get energy from outside themselves: other people, activities and things.
I: get energy from inside themselves: their own thoughts, ideas, reflections.
E: outgoing, with lots of friends and social activities, they are energized by being with other people, fast paced environments, and experiencing the wider world.
I: reserved, they conserve their energy, think and reflect before acting. Too much socializing is an energy drain. Re-energizing needs quiet time alone.
- initiating activities and conversations
- talking through their thoughts and ideas
- love to be with other people
- love to be out doing things
- thinking things through on their own
- keeping private things private
- thinking before they speak or act
For a good, accessible, practical (very N!) book, try What Type Am I?